Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot reconnect to Wi-Fi network

@jmbraben 

Don't know if you mistakenly posted in this thread or your posting was moved to this thread, but that info chat was relaying to you was regarding the setup and activation server of Roku.  As indicated in information included, that server does not affect streaming channels/content, just setup and activation.  Seems to be resolved now regarding their power outage.  

https://twitter.com/rokusupport and https://istheservicedown.com/problems/roku/map

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Keira2088

Omg I have Xfinity too and this has been happening to me too! I just changed my password and it worked! Thank you!

0 Kudos

I am having he issue as well - It just stopped being connected.  I have 2 other Roku devices on other TV's and they are working just fine. as well as everything else in my house.  If I use my phone as a hotspot the roku will connect - (my phone is connected to the very network I am trying to get my Roku to connect to)

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @tschechinger

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Shamara
Reel Rookie

Hi! I was having a similar issue with a new Roku tv I purchased. It was determined that the tv was the problem. I was able to return it and received a new one the other day. The new tv works fine. 

0 Kudos

At least twice a week, this happens to me. I'm a subscriber to Xfinity. I have to go into my xfinity account and update my wifi password every time this happens. Then, on the Roku, enter in the new one and it will function again. I'm about to lose my mind about this. I hope it also works for you.

I'm having the same problem right now. I've had this gadget for a year and it's worked well on my wifi network, but now it won't connect at all, despite good signal strength.

0 Kudos
Kingtone28

Roku works great when connected to my hotspot but will not stay connected to the Xfinity wifi....I'm frustrated...

0 Kudos
renojim

As has been posted many, many times, if you have Xfinity ensure your router's wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Candt
Reel Rookie

DEAR ROKU!!

I am no Techy but, from what I read, YOU BROKE IT SO YOU NEED TO FIX IT. QUIT TELLING US END USERS WHAT WE HAVE TO DO TO COVER YOUR **bleep**. 

YOUR PRODUCT, YOUR SERVICE, YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP YOUR PRODUCT/SERVICE OPERATIONAL!!

Tim

0 Kudos
renojim

@Candt, ISPs are notorious for mucking with their customers' equipment, so don't assume it was broken by Roku.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos