Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seafarer1
Channel Surfer

Cannot reconnect to Wi-Fi network

My Roku Express has worked smoothly with my Cox internet for years. Tonight, I was having trouble getting the Stirr app to work, so I rebooted the Roku. When it came back up, it showed the WiFi network signal as excellent but would not connect with the saved password. I reentered the password manually, restarted both the modem/router and the Roku multiple times, and reentered the password multiple times. Still keep getting error 014.30. Meanwhile, every other device we own connects to the Wi-Fi with the same password I’m using for the Roku, and which worked with the Roku until I rebooted it. I am at a loss. Any suggestions?

41 REPLIES 41
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot reconnect to Wi-Fi network

@Seafarer1 

First thing to do is to restart/reboot both your Router and Roku device.  If unsuccessful then you may have a settings issue.

Some users with Cox are reportedly experiencing similar issues as the Xfinity/Comcast users with 2.4ghz only devices like your Roku Express.  Verify that your 2.4 ghz is enabled/on and broadcasting, and will most likely need to edit your 2.4ghz wireless Mode/Protocol to reflect b/g/n setting.

Depending on router, may or may not be able to make these changes yourself on Cox routers.

You can try making these changes through a web browser or the Panoramic App.  These may be useful links to gain access to your router for you. (https://www.cox.com/residential/support/finding-your-in-home-wifi-network-ssid-or-password.html) and (https://login.cox.com/)

Some Comcast router changes cannot be made by user so may need to contact Comcast and have them make the above mentioned changes made for you.

Feel free to post back with an update or with router model number if you need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Seafarer1
Channel Surfer

Thank you. I did verify that the 2.4 gHz network is enabled and that it is the network the Roku finds and tries to connect with, and I restarted both devices multiple times. I am reluctant to change modem/router settings because every other device is connecting fine and because the Roku connected successfully for years before my latest reboot. It worked five minutes before it wouldn’t work. This is something new and Roku-specific; I am afraid to change anything in the network that could affect my other devices. 
I very much appreciate your advice; I’m thinking I may just upgrade the old Roku.

Seafarer1
Channel Surfer

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
tjt117
Reel Rookie

This happens to me at least twice a week. I have Xfinity. Every time this I happens I have to go to my account on xfinity and change my wifi password. Then type the new one in on the Roku and it works again. I’m ready to go crazy over this. I hope it works for you also

Moser5

Cannot re connect to internet

0 Kudos
Seafarer1
Channel Surfer

Sorry to hear that. I’ll throw the Roku away before I change the Wi-Fi password. Too many other devices. 

HoneyBisMe

My ROKU is doing the same thing! Worked fine for the last 18mo....everything else in the house connects and works fine but my roku won't connect to the internet (starlink) 

It connects to wifi but says no connection for internet 😐

Frustrating!!!

moski59

Did you get new roku device and did that take care of it? 

0 Kudos
Kruff

I’m having the same issue tonight. I’ve had this device for a year with no issues on my wifi network and now it suddenly won’t connect at all, even with signal strength being strong.

0 Kudos