Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: roku Cannot connect to Internet

i cannot connect either, last night it was fine, woke up with morning an cannot connect, i have restarted router and roku but no connection.

my computer and phone are all connected so this is specific to my roku, has anyone gotten any help with this yet? i see a lot of comments but no solutions........

0 Kudos
scorpio66

Re: Cannot connect to Internet

Mine keeps going in and out too. Starting to think Roku devices are junk. I've had the stick and two boxes. Stick kept overheating if you leave it on all day so it shuts off. On my second box and it keeps going in and out. Got a TCL Roku that works perfectly but the box on my living room Vizio is a HOT MESS. And the Amazon stick was no better. 

0 Kudos
Twood

Yesterday right when we were about to find out who the killer was. My Roku stopped connecting. I have three Rokus and none of them will connect to the router. I called my cable company and they did checks on my wifi and it was running well. Now I cant watch anything on any of my three TVs. When I tried to get some help with this I found out that there is no number. I almost was scammed, I went to a site that said it was a Roku tech support and they asked me for $69.00 to update my devices. I told that man that didn't make any sense since I didn't even pay that much for my Rokus. SOMEONE, PLEASE HELP!  if this issue isn't solved but Monday ill just buy a fire stick and call it a day. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Twood, do you have Comcast/Xfinity?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mateki

I am having the same problem since 9/30/21

Everything was working fine and suddenly just stopped.  Like everyone else I have reset the router and each of my ROKU's several times, even did the dreaded factory reset on my main living room tv (can't wait to deal with that after all the other frustration) and nothing worked.  I went in the router and tried to give a dedicated ip address and that didn't work either.  I'm thinking it is an update problem?  Could they have issued an update that prevents connection so you can't connect to get the update?  Beyond frustrated!!!!  All other devices are working just fine and my wifi signal is supposedly excellent.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@mateki, do you have Comcast/Xfinity or Cox as your ISP?  If so, go into your router settings and change the wireless mode from g/n to b/g/n.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Racer45

Hi everyone,       

I have phone with internet on it can I get Raku on my tv

Can you please help me?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Racer45

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify your inquiry?

With more detailed information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lesacorral

Re: Cannot connect to Internet and tried so many times

How do you split the wifi frequency? I have been at the connection issue for days now. This is so frustrating. I don't have a clue where to go for the split. I have to post a long comment just to get his posted. This is crazy how we have to type in som.many characters. It shouldn't have to be this difficult to get help ugh.

0 Kudos
marshx
Channel Surfer

My Roku had been fine but last night it is not showing my network on list after several resets on both ends.  My router is connected to all my devices besides Roku.  I have Model 3900RW-Roku Express.  Let me know if you need any other info to get me back up.

0 Kudos