Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barb47
Streaming Star

Re: Cannot connect to Internet

I have done that 10 times.  Contacted Glenn Beck support telling him I can not longer watch his show.

Nothing you say helps.  All this s**t happened with your last update in June.  There are hundreds of people who have the same issue.  I doubt it's our fault at this point.

Here was my fix to my Roku not connecting to the internet. My internet had an outage and afterwards none of my 3 Rokus would connect to the internet but everything else in my house would. What fixed it was going to the advanced system settings and reset internet settings. I then reconnected to my wireless internet on the Roku and it worked again. 

0 Kudos
EmeraldEyes79
Channel Surfer

I'm having the same issue as well. It worked fine yesterday now all of a sudden. This is ridiculous!! What's going on??

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

In order for us to assist you further, we will need more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-when did you start seeing this issue
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ahech59
Channel Surfer

Only if I would have known…taking this POS back for a refund manana. Read all the disgruntled Ruko owners. Been doing exactly the same and no luck. Frustrated beyond belief. Even checked out some of the fix it on utube…nada.

0 Kudos
Ahech59
Channel Surfer

Actually I take that back…it seems to wanna work on my hotspot for a change…but not my internet. WTF.

0 Kudos
ThomD
Reel Rookie

Re: roku Cannot connect to Internet

There's no solution because there is no solution. The one time they responded to my message was to just tell me the same old. Restart my router, modem blah blah blah. It's a subpar product and they're done nothing to improve it. This many people cannot have the same problem and it be all our fault. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Ahech59 and @ThomD 

What is your Roku model number, router model number, and ISP (internet service provider).

It is a good sign your Roku is able to connect to hotspot.  You may be dealing with a known issue between 2.4ghz device and cable ISP routers.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Barb47
Streaming Star

Re: roku Cannot connect to Internet

ROKU doesn't care.  Find another product.

0 Kudos
Ahech59
Channel Surfer

Okay here we go….hope to have my Ruko up and running this afternoon.

model: 3941RW - Roku Express 4K+

serial number: X01600X747R2

software version: 10.5.0 * build 4208-CR

Device ID: SOAH21A747R2

network: using hotspot WOULD LIKE TO USE MY WI-FI INSTEAD.

internet MAC address: 00:00:00:00:00:00

wireless MAC address: 20:EF:BD:5C:99:D4

There you go now fix me….

0 Kudos