Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corson6
Reel Rookie

Can't connect to Xfinity

Jump to solution

I am trying to connect to an xfinitywifi connection. The Roku connects to the wireless network, but no internet connection error code 009. I have restarted the roku, but cannot restart the xfinity it's a public access signal. Laptop and iPad work great, just can't get the roku to connect. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't connect to Xfinity

Jump to solution

@corson6 

Thanks for the inquiry.

This error usually indicates that the device is connected to your router but not connected to the internet. Are your other devices in your house connected to the internet? What model device are you having issues connecting to the internet?

For more information and troubleshooting steps regarding that error code, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

We'd recommend contacting Xfinity support to inquire further. You might ask them to check your router's configuration and security settings to ensure that your Roku device isn't being blocked from connecting out to the internet beyond your local network. You can reach Xfinity support directly here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
53 REPLIES 53
Queen1998

Jump to solution

How did you fix it 

corson6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have NOT fixed it,I posted here looking for some help. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@corson6 

Thanks for the inquiry.

This error usually indicates that the device is connected to your router but not connected to the internet. Are your other devices in your house connected to the internet? What model device are you having issues connecting to the internet?

For more information and troubleshooting steps regarding that error code, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

We'd recommend contacting Xfinity support to inquire further. You might ask them to check your router's configuration and security settings to ensure that your Roku device isn't being blocked from connecting out to the internet beyond your local network. You can reach Xfinity support directly here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
corson6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's a very inexpensive Roku, does not have a model number on it. Has external power supply and a HDMI cable. I bought it at walmart.  The internet is working fine on my ipad and laptop using this pubic xfinity wifi - the ipad and lap top both ask me for my user name and password, the roku never does - this seems like it might be the problem? How do we get the roku to ask for my password? It's a public access xfinity, I have no way to get to the router. Like I said it works fine with everything but the roku

boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well some much older Roku's are not supported anymore.

Can you do Settings/Network/Check connection??

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Shaalibra1

Jump to solution

Usually using a roku you have to be connected to your secure in home network for roku streaming w the Xfinity stream app - not sure if this helps but if your an Xfinity customer call them

0 Kudos
Hunnabunz

Jump to solution

The problem is...and I'm experiencing it right now is we have to sign into our xfinity account to use the wifi but can not do that because we can not load a browser page from the roku to use it. 

The-Rancor

Jump to solution

I am having this exact same problem

JoeRodriguezz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey there I solved this problem. So it was weird you have to connect to Xfinitywifi and keep trying until it says if you are in a college or dorm hit yes put the passcode in and connect to it. It may take a couple of tries for some reason my Roku express would try to connect again and it would fail the connection on my phone. When it asks if you are in college or dorm I forgot to add you have to be on WiFi settings on your phone and connect to the Roku. Once it disconnects leave it on the WiFi settings on your phone and wait for the Roku to give you the dorm or college option again hit ok wait for screen then connect to it on your phone quick. Idk if it was my Roku but I literally had about 15 seconds to quickly type in my email and password to xfinity to connect to it I did it asked to begin installation I hit yes it connected and now it works fine. It’s weird description but this is the only way I got mine to work. Hopefully it makes sense lol.