Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SBranch5
Reel Rookie

Can not connect to Network issue - No live Agent to talk to.

I have been a Roku customer for 4 years and now I am not able to connect back to the network. I have follow all the steps to connect as sources have provided but nothing. I just want to know how to talk to a live agent to explain that all the instructions given are not working and how to have better communication on this issues? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can not connect to Network issue - No live Agent to talk to.

@SBranch5 

Start with your Roku model number. Settings > System > About

If it's a Roku Express, be aware that those devices, regardless of model number, connect on the 2.4 GHz band only. Also be aware that some ISPs that supply the wireless routers are changing settings from 802.11 b/g/n to b/n, which can cause connectivity issues.

So, start with the model number and we'll see where that leads.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

SBranch5
Reel Rookie

Yeah, It look like that I will be buying another device for my Wi-Fi is (802.11ac).

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@SBranch5 

If you were able to turn 2.4 GHz back on and configure b/g/n then you would still be able to use the Express devices. That would, of course, depend on if your ISP locks you out of making such changes. If they do, you could tell them you need your 2.4 GHz back. There are plenty of home automation devices that use 2.4 GHz devices still around, and removing that band will cripple many setups.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

SBranch5
Reel Rookie

Actually, My WiFi went back to (802.11n) and now Roku is working again. Strange. Thanks alot DBDukes.

0 Kudos