Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwstranger

Buffering in RealChoice app on Roku Express but not other apps or 2 Roku Ultras

I have one Roku Express and 2 Ultras. RealChoice is the app I use (no other choice) for local/live TV. I recently moved to another apt across the hall (same bldg).

On the Express, since the move, almost constant buffering on RealChoice, but not on the Ultras.

On the Express, other apps (Paramount+ and discovery+) only buffer occasionally - but haven't since moving.

One note - once before, the RealChoice tech "support" had me delete the app and I had a miserable time trying to reinstall it, so if there's some other option, I'd love to know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Buffering in RealChoice app on Roku Express but not other apps or 2 Roku Ultras

Hi @dwstranger

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Buffering usually occurs when your internet connection provided by your ISP cannot supply data fast enough for the playback device. Try these simple tips and troubleshooting steps as this may help with the connectivity issue: How to improve the Wi-Fi® or wireless internet connection to your Roku® streaming device

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos