Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broke remote/used iphone for remote then moved and can’t connect my tv with roku app

I have a roku tv, i broke the remote and was using my iphone for the remote. I recently moved and setup my wifi same company just different modem and router. Now I can’t connect my tv to my phone remote. I know it needs to be on the same network but how would i be able to do it without a remote? Does anyone know of a solution to this issue? Thanks 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Broke remote/used iphone for remote then moved and can’t connect my tv with roku app

The Roku Remote Control app will only work on a device that is already connected to WiFi. Your TV is not connected to your WiFi yet. Therefore the app will not work. Roku does not make TVs. Your TV was manufactured by a company such as TCL or Hisense. Roku remotes use a simple IR signal. So you can pick yourself up a universal remote but you need to be sure it says for Roku TVs. Or call the manufacturer and have them send you a new one. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Broke remote/used iphone for remote then moved and can’t connect my tv with roku app

@Angel91siccness, set up your new Wi-Fi to match your old Wi-Fi (same SSID/network name and password) and your TV should connect.  If you can't remember or it doesn't work you'll need a physical remote.  You may be able to get away with a universal remote that supports Roku TVs, not just Roku devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.