Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Roku will not connect to internet with correct WiFi password

Jump to solution

If anyone could help me… oh man it would make my day!!!

I’m super frustrated that nothing has changed on my end with my wifi info/connection, router etc. and both my brand new roku, and one of my old Rokus will not connect to my wifi!! But get this… my dinosaur roku is still up and running like a champ with no issues accepting the info I’ve tried inputting into the others for a week now! 

*** The old one just stopped being able to connect to the wifi one day … without us doing anything… just poof…. It just suddenly had a issue. 

I’ve restarted the rokus (several times), restarted my router (several times), set the old roku back to factory settings and I’m still not able to have them recognize the correct password.  It says I could have the network or password info wrong…. Yeah… it’s not.

I can connect with my phone after I delete our network off it like butter every.darn.time…. Raaaaats! 

I have no idea this journey would be so frustrating. 

My router is able to run on 2.4 GHz and 5GHz at the same time…. I’ve NO Issues with any other device connecting to our network…. And we have a lot.

I wish I could send the new one back for a refund or replacement… 

Any help would be awesome!! 
thanks so much!! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Brand new Roku will not connect to internet with correct WiFi password

Jump to solution

@Quinoacooker 

You didn't say what Roku device you have. If you bought the Roku Express model 3930, then it's 2.4 GHz only. All other Roku devices are dual band. What I'm about to say applies across the board if your Roku is using the 2.4 GHz band, which means it totally applies to the Roku Express.

Many ISPs are changing their supplied wireless routers from b/g/n to g/n, which can cause connectivity issues with Roku.

Might this be part of the problem?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Quinoacooker 

You didn't say what Roku device you have. If you bought the Roku Express model 3930, then it's 2.4 GHz only. All other Roku devices are dual band. What I'm about to say applies across the board if your Roku is using the 2.4 GHz band, which means it totally applies to the Roku Express.

Many ISPs are changing their supplied wireless routers from b/g/n to g/n, which can cause connectivity issues with Roku.

Might this be part of the problem?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Jump to solution

DBDUKES!!!!!

YOU KNEW IT!!!’ And you lead me to get a resolution on both of my rokus!!!! 

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!! 

You were dead on about the router mode being changed from b/g/n to g/n!!!! Got into the router and BAM!! 

Thanks again I wouldn’t have gotten this resolved and so darn fast without your knowledge!!!  Forever grateful for your help and speedy response!!

cheers, 

QC

0 Kudos