Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReiDawg11221
Reel Rookie

Bought used device and voice remote. Stuck on the white “Pair your Remote” screen.

Currently keep coming back to the white “Pair Your remote” screen and have a blinking green light on the remote. Can’t seem to find a way to connect to roku through my phone. Just bought it from someone today. It hasn’t been connected to Wi-Fi yet because I didn’t get there. TV does support it. Is there a way to reset a remote? To start over that pairing process? Thanks.

TLDR: Title says it really.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bought used device and voice remote. Stuck on the white “Pair your Remote” screen.

What's the model number written on the device somewhere?  If it's a stick that plugs directly into an HDMI port without the need for an HDMI cable then it may require the "long range wireless receiver" or whatever Roku calls it these days.  If it's a stick and you didn't get an USB cable with a bump in it then you may have to order the appropriate cable.

Your phone will be useless until it's connected to your network.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ReiDawg11221
Reel Rookie

Re: Bought used device and voice remote. Stuck on the white “Pair your Remote” screen.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. 
It’s a stick that comes with the HDMI port attached. 
the number I see:

SN:21399F316608

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

There should be a 4 digit model number followed by X or R on it.  I'm guessing it's one of the sticks that requires the USB cable with wireless receiver (I edited my post since I misspoke).  Knowing the model number would verify this.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos