Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geektv
Channel Surfer

April 19th update causes connectivity failure

Recent update causes failure of Roku device to connect to my wireless network. I have to reset the entire device with a hard reset and re-enter in all the credentials. It sucks!

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: April 19th update causes connectivity failure

@Geektv  What is your Roku model number? Is everything working ok now?

0 Kudos
Geektv
Channel Surfer

after doing a factory reset, and re-entering my password again I am able to connect. This is the second day in a row that I’ve had to do this hard reset.    

This Roku stick has been running for months if not years without any issues, except after April 19 when an update was applied.   Nothing has been changed on a router, we do not take automatic updates for the router… And would love to turn them off for Roku as well especially after this irritating issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Geektv

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

How do u do any hard reset 

0 Kudos
Geektv
Channel Surfer

After several updates, build 1184 11.0 seems to have fixed it    

since I first reported the issue April 19, I left my receiver and Roku stick powered up so I wouldn’t have to keep resetting it.  :-).   The last factory reset I had to do was on April 28th    

This evening I went down to watch and had to do a power up, and the stick connected right away. YEAH!!!    I hope we don’t get any more bad updates…

I forgot to grab the product information for you.    Purchased in 2019 so not new.  

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Geektv 

Always nice to get an update to an issue.   Much appreciated.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Mott1
Reel Rookie

The update bricked 3 of my devices. When I factory reset one it now can no longer login to Roku. I have done all of the recommended steps . I have also tried the work aroundS posted on here. Their OS update killed their products. I’m not sure what I am going to do. I will likely go with another product/ service. This is a shame. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mott1

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model devices are you using? What exactly are you seeing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mott1
Reel Rookie

I have two hisense Roku TVs  and two roku premieres- all of them have now failed after update 11. I have tried using wired connections instead of WiFi, and even my phone as an internet source. The premieres are both less than a year old, one of them is only one month old, the TVs are from 2019. Update 11 seems to be what caused the issue for all of them. They say cannot connect to network despite everything being connected correctly etc......    I have done everything the forums help suggestions say and it never works. I even factory reset them and they seem to still have the same problems and cannot send data out - so the account can not be confirmed in order to log in after the reset. I have reset my router and attempted to use multiple other internet sources. The problem initially says the app ( Netflix Hulu etc) can not be installed or updated , and to check the network. When I check the network and test - no issues. If I attempt to download an update or install an app it’s giving me the network error. When I go into the router they are connected and data is moving ..... Roku update has done this to my household and three of my neighbors ( all with different internet sources) are seeing the same problem... so ; You guys have a problem. 
thanks- 

0 Kudos