Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpbplb
Reel Rookie

Any Roku Stick connected to Onkyo receiver says not connected and remote will not work

Jump to solution

Using Roku Streaming Stick from 11/2019 connected to Streaming Box HDMI port on Onkyo TX-SR393 receiver.  Moved furniture across the room, labeled and double-checked connections and I am confident they are correct.  Now it says "not connected" and remote will not pair.  Reset multiple times, but remote will not pair.  When rebooting, it made it to "Let's Get Started", but then I could not pair remote.  Tried a different Roku Stick, and it said the same thing "not connected: and its remote would not pair.  The other 6 Roku Sticks on my wifi are working fine.  I cannot figure this out - all I did was move the TV and receiver from one side of the room to the other and everything is reconnected exactly as before.  Seems weird that no other Roku Stick connected to this receiver would work either, but work on all other TVs.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpbplb
Reel Rookie

Re: Any Roku Stick connected to Onkyo receiver says not connected and remote will not work

Jump to solution

SOLVED: I have found what was wrong and, hopefully, this could help another user.  I stated when I hooked up another Roku Stick that I got the same result.  However, I used the same power cord.  Apparently the issue is with the power.  Another Roku and another power cord worked fine.  The first Roku apparently has a bad power cord causing the Roku Stick to malfunction.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jpbplb
Reel Rookie

Re: Any Roku Stick connected to Onkyo receiver says not connected and remote will not work

Jump to solution

SOLVED: I have found what was wrong and, hopefully, this could help another user.  I stated when I hooked up another Roku Stick that I got the same result.  However, I used the same power cord.  Apparently the issue is with the power.  Another Roku and another power cord worked fine.  The first Roku apparently has a bad power cord causing the Roku Stick to malfunction.

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jpbplb wrote:

SOLVED: I have found what was wrong and, hopefully, this could help another user.

Thanks for reporting back and reporting your findings to help others.  I wish more people did that.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
ed277

Jump to solution

good that you shared. i am trying to pair a ruko sound bar to my receiver with no luck. any help would be welcome

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ed277,

A warm welcome to the roku Community!

We hear that you want to connect your Roku Soundbar to your receiver. Kindly be advised that Roku Soundbars are exclusive to Roku TV, and there isn't a current option to connect it to any receiver or device. 

We hope for your understanding regarding this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos