Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gootz

Amazon Prime Vid Keeps Kicking Out, Why

Why does Amazon Prime video keep kicking out??  Netflix works great.  I added wifi extender, Roku won’t connect to that, sez connection excellent without the extender though … have restarted everything, why not working? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Amazon Prime Vid Keeps Kicking Out, Why

Hello @Gootz

I apologize for the delay in response.

Does the issue only occur on Amazon Prime Video or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Do you receive an error code or message?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

That still didn’t fix the problem. It’s only Prime

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @AgadorSpartacu!
Thanks for the post. 

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions above including the troubleshooting steps that can be found on the mentioned support link, and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos