Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goofus
Streaming Star

All ROKU devices suddenly reporting poor WiFi

So I just had one of your famous "opening streaming gates"/"maximizing fun factor" or whatever updates on EVERY one of my Roku devices, now they are ALL reporting "poor internet download speed".  I have a Roku TV, two Express 4K+, and one Roku LE.  Every single one of them is doing the same thing.  I've restarted, re-setup network connections, switched from 2.4g back to 5g... you name it and I've tried it.  Why in the name of all that is holy do you people treat us like we're beta testers all the time?  Why do you push updates that are seemingly DESIGNED to destroy our devices?  It's just not right!  You upgrade our live TV menu then take it away, change our wallpaper even though we have that feature turned off, upgrade channels that end up not even launching...  when are you going to stop treating your customers like this?  I have had ENOUGH.Don't tell me my internet speed is the problem...Don't tell me my internet speed is the problem...

ALL of my Rokus are doing THISALL of my Rokus are doing THIS

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: All ROKU devices suddenly reporting poor WiFi

I can't argue with most, if not all, of what you said, but you left out a few points.  I don't know how accurate that "Internet download speed" is that's displayed (although <1 Mbps is pretty pathetic), so I'm guessing you're having trouble streaming, but you didn't say that.  If you're not, then ignore that measurement.  Second, have you restarted all of your network equipment - gateway/modem/router?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Goofus
Streaming Star

Re: All ROKU devices suddenly reporting poor WiFi

Yes.  I'm having streaming issues.  I thought that would have been clear from posting in the community for a streaming device (Roku) where the internet speed just suddenly dropped on four devices from 157+ Mbps to <1.  I apologize for not more precisely describing on the Roku streaming device pages that I was indeed having a streaming issue.  On four different devices.  Additionally, as I stated in my post, I have restarted everything.  This includes both everything, as well as everything.

0 Kudos