Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brauty

Advanced Wireless Receiver Error

Getting an Advanced Wireless Receiver Error when plugging in my stick.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Advanced Wireless Receiver Error

Hi @brauty,

Greetings!

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we'd be more than glad to assist. But before anything else, we'll need additional information for us to better understand the issue. Could you please tell us what error you are seeing or being prompted with? Are there any error codes? Additionally, have you tried tightly plugging the cords on your Roku Streaming Stick and the Advance Wireless Receiver with the device?

Let us know, and we'll assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
___oski
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuTakashi 

I am having the same problem with my device. There is a pop-up window titled "Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver"

There is no error code.

I was trying to turn on my TV and then the pop-up window appeared.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @___oski!

We appreciate you reaching out. No worries. We have already requested reinforcement from our Support team for further assistance regarding this matter. Kindly keep an eye out on your inbox, as they will reach you there for further discussion. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with. We'd be glad to continue doing so. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
___oski
Reel Rookie

Thank you @RokuCarly 

I will keep an eye on this.

Pura vida!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

No problem at all, @___oski!

Your convenience and satisfaction are what we aim for. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with. We'd be more than happy to continue doing so.

Take care and Happy Streaming!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Juls61
Reel Rookie

I am also having this issue. Same error of the Advanced wireless receiver error but no error code. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Juls61!

Worry no more, as we'd be more than willing to find you the best resolution for this. 

Kindly send us a PM here, as we will be asking for further personal information regarding this matter. Just select my username to "View Profile" and then look for the "Send this user a private message" on the right side of the page. 

We'll be looking forward to your message!

Thanks, 
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Juls61
Reel Rookie

Is there a solution to this problem? 

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

I'm curious if you've tried using a network analysis app like WiFi Analyzer for Android or something similar if you have an iPhone. If the WiFi radio in the Roku stick is having difficulty connecting, it may be due to congestion or put simply, too many others using the same channel as you are. Once you identify which channels are the most used, and switch to one that is less congested, you may resolve the problem. You might also check which BAND the stick is connecting to since most of today's routers offer both 2.4 and 5 gHz bands. The former has greater range but is slower than 5 gHz and if you want to use the faster band, lower channels (36-48) have better speed and throughput than the higher ones.

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.