Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DebL

A neighbor is trying to cast to my Roku. How does this happen,?

My Roku interrupted the tv station I was viewing to notify me someone was trying to cast to my Roku and gave responses for me to select. The remote would not let me pick a response. How can someone access my Roku in this manner? Why couldnt I select a response? I had to turn TV off to try to prevent access by the neighbor.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: A neighbor is trying to cast to my Roku. How does this happen,?

Hi @DebL

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

I understand the inconvenience this screen mirroring request caused you when streaming. You can define how an incoming screen mirroring request is handled by changing the screen mirroring mode on your Roku device. You can also remove a device that was added to the list of ‘Allowed devices’ or ‘Blocked devices’.

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Screen mirroring
  5. After you open the screen mirroring settings, choose a setting to adjust.

If there is an upcoming request and you have a simple remote make sure you have a clear path and always be sure you can see the front of your Roku device to make a successful command. If you have a voice remote, try to re-pair the remote then check again. 

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow these links:

Screen mirror your Android or Windows device

Fix your remote

We hope this helps, kindly let us know how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos