Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glen13

8/20/2022 lost connection

All plug in Roku devices lost connection and will not reconnect. I have reset router, reset network ssid, and have done a factory reset. When scanning it will find my home network but when selected it will not find wireless connection. I am able to connect it using my cell phone hotspot. This happens on all of my devices but is not an issue with the one Roku TV I have. All of my other devices are able to connect to my wireless network so it shouldn’t be an internet/wireless router issue. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: 8/20/2022 lost connection

Hello @Glen13

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected devices are Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 8/20/2022 lost connection

@Glen13 

Your RokuTV is dual-band capable. (2.4ghz and 5ghz).  It is likely your RokuTV is working because it is connecting to the 5ghz band.

Your other Roku devices are able to connect and operate on your mobile hotspot.  Indicates the devices are capable of connecting and operating. (likely connecting to the 2.4ghz of your mobile hotspot).

Therefore, seems to be indicating that your other Roku devices are probably 2.4 ghz-only devices and that there is an issue with the 2.4ghz band of your network.  If you have verified that the 2.4ghz is actually On/Enabled, and broadcasting, (which it seems to be by seeing the available connection), then very likely that you will need to change the Wireless Mode in your router under the 2.4ghz wireless settings to reflect b/g/n.  

After making the above change, restart both the router and your Roku devices.

----

If you need more help, post back with your Roku device model numbers (Settings/System/About), your router model number, and your ISP (internet service provider).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos