Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cantwaltz
Reel Rookie

2 different TCL TVs cannot see wifi

Hi, I have two different TCL Roku TVs, and neither will connect to wifi. They would see the network when I reset my modem via the MySpextrum app at first, but now that doesn’t help. I have done all the suggestions—unplugging, resetting, factory resetting, accessing the secret menus, and so on. I have done this with my modem, router and TVs multiple times. Nothing. It looks like the issue began after the software update to 11.0.0. Can you see what you can do for my 32” TV? System info screenshot below. Usual error code either 14.030 or 14.050. thanks in advance!

image.jpg

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 2 different TCL TVs cannot see wifi

@cantwaltz 

Few things you can try and verify depending on which band (2.4 or 5ghz) your RokuTVs are trying to connect to.  I can see a MAC address in the above screenshot so seems like the network card/module in that particular TV is working.  I see that the IP address is 0.0.0.0 which basically means it has not been assigned an IP address by your router's DHCP server.  

For the 2.4ghz band, verify that the 2.4ghz band is actually Enabled/On and then set the wireless mode to b/g/n. (Some Spectrum users have reported the ISP has disabled their 2.4ghz availability).

For the 5ghz band, verify that your router is not using DFS channels (52-140).  Try manually assigning a wireless channel 36-48, or 149-161.  Also verify that N/AC is enabled under wireless mode if you are using an AX (wifi6) router.

Can also try changing the SSID password to a simple one for testing. (no special characters).

Verify that your router's DHCP server in router settings is set to automatically assign addresses. (Auto DHCP server).

---

On the RokuTV, try resetting the network connection after making all the above changes at the router.

(Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection)

---

Post back with router model number, ISP, and network setup.  Are you using only one router or do you have additional routers in line with your ISP modem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
cantwaltz
Reel Rookie

Re: 2 different TCL TVs cannot see wifi

Thank you for your suggestions! Unfortunately, I have an Apple AirPort router, so those settings (aside from the channels) are not available. I only have a modem from Spectrum. My setup is a little odd because I have a separate work-only router and laptop that connects to my company’s network. My modem is an Arris TM822. I’m starting to wonder if I should  buy a new router. I know the modem is old and needs a swap, but Superman connected the coax cable and I will need some serious tools to get it loose. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos