Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marklindsay
Channel Surfer

Camera feed via web browser

Jump to solution

Is there any way or any plans to allow Roku cameras to be viewed via web browser?  It would be useful when at work, to use a browser and keep a browser window off to one side, instead of having to pull up an app all the time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Camera feed via web browser

Jump to solution

@marklindsay
Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that there is currently no functionality to view Roku Smart Home cameras through a web browser.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@marklindsay
Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that there is currently no functionality to view Roku Smart Home cameras through a web browser.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Cheeroip
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I think Roku could open that feature if enough user will request. Wyze just started offering the functionality after 1 years of closed beta

Acast
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think I made a mistake, I should have gone with Nest cameras instead of Roku. Why can't we be able to stream this through a web browser or even Blue Stacks? Defeats the purpose of buying these if it's just phone app based.

lpswim

Jump to solution

Is there somewhere we can request this feature? Like others have stated, this would be beneficial at work, or while in my home office. Thanks. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There's a place for feature suggestions.  I assume it applies to the smart home devices and not just Roku streaming devices.

Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
darkroom

Jump to solution

I bought Roku cameras, never imagining that a WiFi camera would not be accessible via a web browser, so I never though to check if that was a feature!  Like others, I'll put the Roku cameras on the shelf, and buy a different manufacturer's cameras and make sure they support web browser support.  Roku makes a great streaming device, but looks like cameras, not so much. Thumbs down.

marklindsay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree, but my guess is that since they OEM these from Wyze, I believe, the agreement is not to have anything other than RokuTVs or apps support it. 😞

0 Kudos