Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nekotome
Reel Rookie

add 802.11ax / WifFi6

Please add 802.11ax support on at least the roku ultra.  There is more to this standard than faster speeds and the upgrade in protocols will greatly add to both the streaming experience and the roku's not hogging or lagging because of other edge devices.

Some of the big items added
MU-MIMO upstream
OFDMA
new 6ghz spectrum

1 REPLY 1
chrblack
Streaming Star

Re: add 802.11ax / WifFi6

I agree and would love to see 802.11ax support on the next iteration of Streaming Stick + and/or Ultra. I have a relatively large library of ripped uncompressed 4K HDR content that I am currently only able to play on my wired Apple TV (bought specifically for this purpose) and my new iPhone with WiFi 6. I love my Roku's and prefer them to any other streamer but unfortunately right now I cannot watch true 4K HDR content. I would be interested to know if this is on the road map as I am considering swapping put my current Roku's for apple TV's, but would hold out for the next Roku if I knew if was coming with support for the latest wireless standards.

0 Kudos