Suggest a Feature

Share your requests for new features, channels, etc. with the Roku team! Search keywords and add a kudo to an existing topic to show your support, or create a new topic if your suggestion isn't listed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Level 8

User Interface Feature Requests

If you have a request that would result in user interface changes, and does not fit in one of the other feature request categories, please post it here. Examples would include asking for wrapping menus, different fonts, etc. Remember, although we are very interested in what our customers would like to see in a product, we obviously can't, and won't, commit to features based just on requests here.
0 Kudos
166 Replies
Bear
Level 7

This should be a simple request:

An easy way to reboot a SoundBridge without having to pull the power cord.
-----Bear
0 Kudos
gordo
Level 7

Re: User Interface Feature Requests

use the iTunes compilations flag to avoid filling the Artist list with tons of one song artists.
0 Kudos
Bear
Level 7

Have the clock as one of the visualizers.

When the visualizer is not the full screen one, allow the option to display only the time - or possibly allow a different format for the date/time display in the visualizer. (Different from the standby display.)
-----Bear
0 Kudos
grommet
Level 7

"Album Artist" isn't always your friend...

Using WMC/UPnP, when the "Album Artist" metadata is defined on a track... the actual song's "Artist" (performer) metadata should be available via "Get Info" or displayed on the Now Playing screen. On compilation or equivalent tracks, SoundBridge only shows a less than useful "Various Artists", "Original Broadway Soundtrack", etc. (Album Artist metadata) in the Artist display. Using Album Artist is great for browsing/sorting, but not always so great for playing.

[update 10/18: previous is fixed in WMC 2.0]

Also, as mentioned numerous times previously... a "Browse Album Artists" function for WMC/UPnP that would only browse "Album Artists" (upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist"?) would be an excellent addition. SoundBridge's "Browse Artists" with WMC currently lists all artist related metadata (Performer/Artist, Album Artist, Original Artist, Conductor) and can be a bit overwhelming. "Browse Album Artists" would be closer to browsing through your physical CD collection.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Level 8

Re: This should be a simple request:

"Bear" wrote:
An easy way to reboot a SoundBridge without having to pull the power cord.

That exists in 2.3. System Configuration->Restart SoundBridge.
0 Kudos
mcfh
Level 7

Might as well make these official:

Fastforward/Rewind - Although I understand that that is not as easy as it sounds

Wrapping Menus

Resuming where you leave off at Standby/Restart
M2000, M1000 & R1000 on iTunes and XP SP2
[url=http://www.tagsoft.co.uk/index.asp?page=Soundbridge.asp&menu=SBMenu.asp:2hqcags1]Integrate your Soundbridge with Windows[/url:2hqcags1]
0 Kudos
spl23
Level 7

Two requests from me:

1) The ability to turn the display off altogether while the SB is playing, maybe with it coming on again on a timeout whenever a button is pressed on the remote.

2) Direct alphanumeric buttons added to the remote protocol for searching and browsing - no need to change the handset itself, as I can use my Pronto with the new codes. A-Z would be great, but 0-9 with multitap or predicitive text would be just as good.

Do those, and the SB becomes nigh-on perfect as far as I'm concerned. (The fact that I can think of only two possible improvements suggests it's already an excellent bit of kit!)
0 Kudos
rem
Level 7

Might as well make these official:

Fastforward/Rewind - Although I understand that that is not as easy as it sounds

Wrapping Menus

Resuming where you leave off at Standby/Restart

i whole-heartedly second the request for these three features.
rem
roku digital video player wireless
m500 hard-wired (2)
m1000 hard-wired (1)
firefly mediaserver on winxp
firefly mediaserver on mss+
d-link dgl-4300 router
(static ip on everything...except the netflix player)
0 Kudos
geespot
Level 7

The ability to choose what is displayed from the track tags. I just want song title and Artist, do not care about album name, year, etc.
0 Kudos