Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GhostPost
Reel Rookie

Turning off TV with power button on remote should stop playback

There should be an option for the power button on the Roku voice remote to stop playback when the TV is turned off using that button. 

I understand that some may want it to stay playing but I don’t which is why I’d like the option. 

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Turning off TV with power button on remote should stop playback

@GhostPost 

This is often requested, but don't really see the difficulty in pressing the Home Button (to stop streaming) before pressing the Power (turn off TV) button.  It is literally an extra button press.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
GhostPost
Reel Rookie

Re: Turning off TV with power button on remote should stop playback

@AvsGunnar wrote:

@GhostPost 

This is often requested, but don't really see the difficulty in pressing the Home Button (to stop streaming) before pressing the Power (turn off TV) button.  It is literally an extra button press.

That’s great, but when your 85-year old mother-in-law spends several hours listening to something she thought she had turned off, a solution is needed. 

I am not looking for alternative ideas, I’m looking for what I asked for. Sorry that everyone else’s situation doesn’t fit your world views. 

0 Kudos