Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tybbigelow
Reel Rookie

Turn On Feature

I propose a feature where you can set the time for the TV to turn on. I like having my TV turn on in the morning and using it almost as an alarm clock. There is already the sleep timer. This is essentially the opposite. 

10 REPLIES 10
KKsleeptimer
Reel Rookie

Re: Turn On Feature

What player do you have? I am looking for a Roku that has a sleep timer function.  My refurbished streaming stick + doesn't support this.   Thanks!

@Tybbigelow wrote:

I propose a feature where you can set the time for the TV to turn on. I like having my TV turn on in the morning and using it almost as an alarm clock. There is already the sleep timer. This is essentially the opposite. 

0 Kudos
Tybbigelow
Reel Rookie

I have two TCL Roku TVs. If you are using a stick, it can't control how the TV itself operates.

0 Kudos
efborkov

Is there such a TV alarm clock feature or channel on a Smart TV?

If so, how to access it?

niami
Channel Surfer

Turn On Feature (alarm clock) on a Roku TV - how to add it?

Almost 2 years after this initial post and no wake up option was added to Roku yet. To me, this feature is critical! If anyone in the community knows how to make a Roku TV turn on at a a certain hour on a certain channel, please share it with us. I have to wake up at odd hours and I sometimes cannot hear the phone alarm. I sometimes sleep with my TV on, to avoid Fallin asleep so deep and missing the alarm on my phone. My previous smart TV broke and now I have a Sharp Roku TV that is impossible to set up to do this. Not happy at all, because I actually don't even use the Roku part, don't need it.

0 Kudos
niami
Channel Surfer

Re: Turn On Feature (alarm clock) on a Roku TV - how to add it?

I got a badge for posting this 2 weeks ago, but no feedback or advise. I'm going back to work in a few days and this has to be solved. I found some information on the internet suggesting that installing google home should help, but I cannot find a way to install this app on my Sharp Roku TV. And even with it installed, it says that not many channels can be connected to it. I wand my morning news channel to appear when the tv turns on. I was hoping to get a lot of support here, don't like wasting my time writing for nobody. Really disappointed ☹️! Buying this TV was a big mistake!

0 Kudos
swirsguy
Streaming Star

you can have google or alexa turn on your tv if it is a smart tv

0 Kudos
niami
Channel Surfer

If it is a Roku TV, it must be a smart tv, right? I don't have Alexa or another Google assistant enabled device. I only have this tv and 2 smartphones with Google on both. Will that do? Or I will have to buy another device?

0 Kudos
swirsguy
Streaming Star

that should be enough, but you would need to connect the device to your google account so it can control it,

0 Kudos
Gio22

Re: Turn On Feature years later

I know this is years later, but I was wanting the same thing and if you download the google home app you can do it. I don’t use any google devices and it worked just fine. All you do is connect your Roku device then set up an automation for it to turn on at a specific time in the morning or throughout the day! 

0 Kudos