Suggest a Feature

Share your requests for new features, channels, etc. with the Roku team! Search keywords and add a kudo to an existing topic to show your support, or create a new topic if your suggestion isn't listed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
croaudio
Level 7

Station Language

Please change this option Serbo-Croatian to Croatian in Radio Roku Station language.
Official language in Croatia is Croatian and not Serbo-Croatian. Serbo-Croatian not exists at all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatia
Thank you
0 Kudos
13 Replies
alanmc
Level 7

Language change -

Just to confirm that I have emailed your request to the Administrator at RokuLabs . . . . if all goes well the existing language of Serbo-Croatian will merely be changed to Croatian in the Radio Roku Station language file, and in so doing it will automatically list all the relevant stations correctly.

Thank-you
0 Kudos
fredchan
Level 7

Re: Station Language

please also add traditional chinese and simplified Chinese as well as Korean, Vietnamese and Japanese. Thank you.
0 Kudos
alanmc
Level 7

Hi Fred
Just to confirm that I have emailed your requests to the Administrator at RokuLabs in the USA Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Level 8

Korean, Japanese, and Vietnamese are all already available.
Forgive my ignorance, but are traditional Chinese and simplified Chinese different from Mandarin and Cantonese, which are already available?
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Level 8

I believe this is a request for the SoundBridge itself.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Level 8

RokuMark, thanks for the clarification. My response was for Roku Radio.
0 Kudos
fredchan
Level 7

"RokuMark" wrote:
I believe this is a request for the SoundBridge itself.

Yes, this is right, the request for the language support is for the Soundbridge.
0 Kudos
fredchan
Level 7

languages

"RokuTed" wrote:
Korean, Japanese, and Vietnamese are all already available.
Forgive my ignorance, but are traditional Chinese and simplified Chinese different from Mandarin and Cantonese, which are already available?

There is just the one written language in China which was the traditional Chinese for thousands of years. Then the communist came along and simplified Chinese came into being. Essentially each word is simplified so that less pen stroke made up a word. This means that new learners should be able to write more quickly and learn faster. However in visually the traditional Chinese is more beautiful as they truely evolved from pictograms. The simplified strokes destroyed some of the visual impact. The spoken languages are however very varied and tonal sounds could be very different. Local slangs can make a dialect very difficult to understand too. The regional dialects like Mandarin (=Puttonghua) and Cantonese dominates the spoken dialects. Mandarin is the official spoken language in China. However the Cantonese is pervasive with overseas Chinese plus of course the entire province of Canton (=Gwangzhou). This means that countries like Canada, England, USA have local Cantonese stations. Other popular dialects are Hokkien (spoken in the Fukien region) , Shanghainese, Hakka, Chiuchau...on and on. Therefore in text form the Chinese language is always represented by traditional and simplified Chinese. Traditional Chinese is always used in Taiwan, Macao and Hong Kong. The Japanese Kanji and Korean Kanji are always traditional Chinese. Simplified Chinese is used Peoples' Republic of China. I would suggest that make/keep Taiwan and Macao as distinct "locations". They always use traditional Chinese.
0 Kudos
tripko
Level 7

Another language request here: PILIPINO that will cover Tagalog and Cebuano and other Philippine dialects.
SB M1000 : PSP Internet Radio : winecountrycurling.org : www.mogulus.com/curlingtv
0 Kudos