Suggest a Feature

Share your requests for new features, channels, etc. with the Roku team! Search keywords and add a kudo to an existing topic to show your support, or create a new topic if your suggestion isn't listed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Level 8

SoundBridge Radio Feature Request Thread

Please place SoundBridge Radio-related feature requests here. Requests that would apply to other SoundBridge models as well should be placed in the SoundBridge Feature Request threads.
0 Kudos
120 Replies
Tomas
Level 7

Dim display using knob when in standby

I have already posted this request in another thread, but as this thread now exists, I am posting it again.

When the SB Radio is in standby it would be great to be able to turn the knob to alter the brightness of the standby display (the same function as the left and right navigation buttons on the remote).
0 Kudos
StephenPM
Level 7

Record to SD Card

It would be very handy to be able to record to the SD Card from the Internet radio stations. Sort of the old school way of podcasting.
0 Kudos
mindhead1
Level 7

Add a Line in to the unit...

I don't know how good the radio sounds, but if the speaker set is good (build in sub and all) it would be nice to be able to use the unit when not connected to a network by plugging an MP3 player derectly to it.
0 Kudos
clayj
Level 7

Re: SoundBridge Radio Feature Request Thread

Feature request: For the clock view (when the unit is on standby), please add this display option...

BIG TIME day of week,
BIG TIME month day, year

In other words, BIG time digits on the left (two rows high), with the day and date to the right on two lines, sorta like this:

11:20 PM Wednesday
11:20 PM March 1, 2006

(Just try to imagine the time as being HUGE digits. It's not easy to show here what I am talking about.)
0 Kudos
clayj
Level 7

Oh, and another feature request: We should be able to change the hostname of the SBR from "Roku" to something else... assuming we can't already.
0 Kudos
GeneArch
Level 7

1. About 10 seconds longer before screen saver kicks in. Right now, when reading the title of a longish podcast, I miss the most important part.. the date:

ex: The Phil Hendrie Show - February 28, 2006

Gets to about the Feb...

2. When clock screen saver is on, show the countdown timer symbol as well as the alarm symbol. Often, I set the alarm and countdown timer, doze off a bit and have to find the remote to see if I in fact did set them..

3. Set alarms via browser interface.
4. Auto shutoff at end of current song, podcast or whatever.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Level 8

Gene,

In #1, are you talking about the Full-screen visualizer?
0 Kudos
GeneArch
Level 7

"RokuPatrick" wrote:
Gene,

In #1, are you talking about the Full-screen visualizer?

Yes, the time is too small on the partial screen.
0 Kudos
Tomas
Level 7

Multiple presses on a preset button could toggle preset banks, i.e. if I press button "1" once, preset A1 starts to play, but if I press button "1" two times quickly, preset B1 starts to play and if I press button "1" three times quickly, preset C1 starts to play.

As the display shows information about the current bank while pressing a preset button, it should be possible to make this feature understandable.
0 Kudos