Suggest a Feature

Share your requests for new features, channels, etc. with the Roku team! Search keywords and add a kudo to an existing topic to show your support, or create a new topic if your suggestion isn't listed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jeckart3d
Level 7

Roku Player control via HDMI cable (HDMI Anynet+ support)

Brief overview:
Would love to control my Roku player through it's HDMI connection like I can my PS3 slim.

Detailed Description:
I just purchased a PS3 slim, and upon poking around the setting and configs, I found a toggle to allow other devices to communicate with it via it's HDMI connection. Amazingly, my Samsung 8500 LED TV recognized the connection. From what I have read, Samsung claims that it's "HDMI Anynet+" only supports other Samsung components (fail). But miraculously, Sony's PS3 slim shows up in the source list. Now I am able to control my PS3 via my Samsung TV remote (not so good for gaming obviously, but for menu navigation and BD playback it works perfectly). I would love to be able to do the same thing with Roku. Would this feature be able to be included in a firmware update, or would different hardware be needed?
- Jay
Roku Player
Samsung 8500 LED TV
PS3 (slim)
iPhone 3G
0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeckart3d
Level 7

Re: Roku Player control via HDMI cable (HDMI Anynet+ support)

"bregent" wrote:
I am guessing you are posting to the wrong forum. This is a Soundbridge forum. Please check the forum descriptions for the correct forum to post your question to.

Sorry 'bout that... I saw "feature request" and didn't realize that the root of the forum was split into sections. I have moved this topic to the generic Roku Video Player Feature Requests.
- Jay
Roku Player
Samsung 8500 LED TV
PS3 (slim)
iPhone 3G
0 Kudos