Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cuttee
Reel Rookie

Roku Media Player Multitasking

I can't believe in 2021, Roku Media Player can't play music and picture slideshow or Roku Default Screensaver at the same time.  Playing music with a fixed screen is going to cause burned in on OLEO TVs if it is on for hours.  I have a 2011 Western Digital WD TV Live box (yes, it is 10 years old) and it has no problem playing music and slideshow at the same time on day ONE.  No one have to request for that feature, it was there on the WD TV Live box

So, might I have this simple feature on the Roku PLEASE?

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Gary-94080
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Media Player Multitasking

@Cuttee wrote:

I can't believe in 2021, Roku Media Player can't play music and picture slideshow or Roku Default Screensaver at the same time.  Playing music with a fixed screen is going to cause burned in on OLEO TVs if it is on for hours.  I have a 2011 Western Digital WD TV Live box (yes, it is 10 years old) and it has no problem playing music and slideshow at the same time on day ONE.  No one have to request for that feature, it was there on the WD TV Live box

So, might I have this simple feature on the Roku PLEASE?

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/OS-10-0-0-RMP-5-5-Screensaver-Is...

I keep hoping that Roku will surprise us and fix the problem but as you can see it has been a long time.

also, I have a WD TV Live as well.  I was disappointed when they ended that product line.

0 Kudos