Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calikw
Reel Rookie

Roku App for Android TV / Nvidia Shield

Really wish Roku would add an app for Android TV (e.g., Nvidia Shield) streaming devices.  I tried to watch WEIRD this weekend and I cannot tell you how difficult it was to get it to work on my Sony TV (Android TV) and Nvidia Shield via Chromecast.  Even Apple TV+ eventually came around and realized if you're going to be in the streaming business, you need to allow people to stream from all types of devices...even if they're competing devices.

4 REPLIES 4
zanglerska

Re: Roku App for Android TV / Nvidia Shield

What was your solution? I'm having the same issue. 

0 Kudos
calikw
Reel Rookie

I ultimately had to use a laptop/desktop computer with the Chrome browser and chromecast it from there.  Not ideal and you lose the surround sound (if it's there to begin with) doing that -- but it worked.

wyelkins

It is available for Google TV Chromecast today. I don't think it is for Nvidia Shield. You can probably sideload it 

0 Kudos
calikw
Reel Rookie

That may be possible, but it's not really the point.  I could also just skip a streaming device entirely and tether my desktop to the TV with a long HDMI cable.  We shouldn't have to hack our way to getting Roku working on Nvidia Shield.  We buy these streaming devices because they're supposed to be convenient.  

0 Kudos