Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Am4

Please add airplay to all models of Roku tv.

I have an insignia 1080p Roku tv. I really hope they decide to add AirPlay to all of their Roku TVs. There is talk of it being added to other models but this sucks for those of us who don’t own those particular models. I love Roku but this doesn’t make me feel like they appreciate all of their customers if they don’t roll out this feature for all of their devices. Does anyone know if there are plans to add this feature to all devices in the future? 

1 REPLY 1
apwelsh
Channel Surfer

Re: Please add airplay to all models of Roku tv.

I have the 8119X TCL Roku TV.  It is 1080p, because it is only 32" and resides in a bedroom.  TCL did not make a 4k that small, and 43" is way too big for my bedrooms.  My office has a 43" TCL which did receive the AirPlay2 update, as did my 43" TCL in my bar.  But the smaller TVs in the bedroom only have 1080p, because 4k is not available for that small a TV.  

I am holding my breath in hopes they bring AirPlay to the 1080p line of TVs too.  I don't see any reason why my 1080p TVs wouldn't be able to do AirPlay, they are plenty fast enough when compared to the 4k TV performance.  It was good WiFi, and only needs ¼ the amount of data for AirPlay streaming at the lower 1080p resolution....

0 Kudos