Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Photo Streams - remove QR code option

Please see this post: https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/Remove-QR-code-from-Photo-Streams/td-p/84698...

The QR code superimposed on the occasional image shown in Photo Streams is an eyesore and runs counter to the idea of showcasing one's images.  There should be an option to NOT display the QR code and accompanying text.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
56 REPLIES 56
Percula1869
Channel Surfer

Re: Photo Streams - remove QR code option

I second this request. Thank you for making this suggestion. 

PeterLorre

For the love of all that is holy, yes, please remove this junk. 

andyross
Roku Guru

What does the QR code link to?

Percula1869
Channel Surfer

It takes your phone to where you can add pictures to the Photo Stream. Kinda redundant since it will bring up the QR code if you go to the app on your Roku and try to add pictures. 

RJT80

Roku, please give us the option to remove the QR code.

HollieH

I'm using this feature in a public space, yes, removing the QR code is critical for me. 

workr88

Yes! The code superimposed on the occasional image shown in Photo Streams is indeed an eyesore are makes it look unprofessional. We love our Rokus at the office, but despise this feature. especially for a work environment. It would be great if this QR code prompt was removable - that way they would look better and our guests would not try scan them ...

Blackheart

Please remove the QR code overlayed on Photo Streams screen saver app. It’s very distracting and looks very cheap. 

DrDB
Binge Watcher

Please, for the love of Roku, remove the QR code from the photo stream or just give us a toggle for it in settings.  We don't need guests digging around in our photo streams.  Thanks.