Suggest a Feature

Share your requests for new features, channels, etc. with the Roku team! Search keywords and add a kudo to an existing topic to show your support, or create a new topic if your suggestion isn't listed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Level 8

Other requests

This thread is for discussion of feature requests that do not fit into any of the other categories.
0 Kudos
73 Replies
carman63
Level 7

Software / Firmware request - Cross-fading of songs

I'd like to have the ability to cross-fade songs (fade current song out while the next song is fading in).

Thanks! Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Baby_Jocko
Level 7

Re: Other requests

CROSSFADE!

I would've thought that this would have been in the final 2.3. How hard can this be?
0 Kudos
Buck
Level 7

I second crossfade, but for me it's more important to crossfade radio stations, so make sure you add some 'global' crossfade. Also, let radio play while I'm browsing Itunes library, why does it have to stop? Maybe I'll change my mind.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Level 7

"Baby Jocko" wrote:
CROSSFADE!

I would've thought that this would have been in the final 2.3. How hard can this be?

I may be mistaken, but I think crossfade requires two decoders, so the tracks can be mixed together. At the very least it would require pre-processing of the crossfaded portions of both streams, then an in memory mix of those bits, all during playback of the first stream. I certainly don't think it's as easy as you seem to think it is.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
FlACwaiter
Level 7

Sorting

It is o.k., that the Songs are sortet by number, after klicking to an album.

But if you klick "all titles" it would be much better, if you found the song sorted by name! (for example: if you have 12 CD's from Sting, and go to "all titles" you must scroll a long time, to find a special song. Alphabetic would be much easier.
0 Kudos
FlACwaiter
Level 7

menu structure

Please: Give me a possibility, to go after the title choice again step for step back in the menu!! for example I want to go back to the Komponist and listen to another CD from him. But I must search from the beginning.
0 Kudos

Please add the BOLD FONT back as in 2.1 ... I am running the old software still and will not upgrade to 2.3 ... please .. please ... Cant see the slim font from sofa on M1000!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
MP3_Mike
Level 7

Shuffle the Shuffle mode

It would be nice if the shuffle mode would shuffle itself.. It seems that everytime I pick something to play in shuffle mode it goes in exactly the same order...

Maybe start the shuffle seed with the time, or pop shuffle numbers in the background so it would depend on how long it had been on, how long the track was, etc...
0 Kudos
MP3_Mike
Level 7

Different remote codes

How about a way to have different remote IDs (with a universal remote) so that I could have multiple SoundBridges in the same room and control just one at a time.
0 Kudos