Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willj1220

Mono Sound for the hearing impaired

I recently bought the Roku Streambar along with the Roku TV wireless speakers for my hearing impaired father.  I have found that setting the Audio settings to Levelling, Clear Diaolog, and Music (disabling surround sound and forcing stereo) really helps him.  However I wish this could be a system wide setting under accessibility to set all sound/speakers to mono.

Thank you

Will

Roku TV Wireless Speakers Roku Smart Soundbar  Roku Streambar 

4 REPLIES 4
ejwa523

Re: Mono Sound for the hearing impaired

As a Hearing Impaired individual myself, this would be a great feature, to help me hear dialog, so much better!

DK07

This would be an awesome feature! Would definitely make the platform more accessable for a larger community!

Akornely95

This would be an amazing feature for my parents as well! Hearing dialogue is such a challenge for them. Please consider adding this setting for the hearing impaired!

swphreak

This would be a nice accessibility feature.  I use mono audio mode on my Windows PC, so I know it’s possible.