Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nb139o
Channel Surfer

Maximum Volume Limit

Is it possible to add a volume limit protected by a pin?

For example, setting the tv to a predetermined maximum volume in either parental controls or settings. The tv can not go beyond that set volume unless changed by using the pin.

I am currently running a roku tv. This would be a tremendous feature for anyone with kids!

This feature is on TVs such as Samsung and LG - they refer to it as hotel mode.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Maximum Volume Limit

This would be great!

@nb139o wrote:

Is it possible to add a volume limit protected by a pin?

For example, setting the tv to a predetermined maximum volume in either parental controls or settings. The tv can not go beyond that set volume unless changed by using the pin.

I am currently running a roku tv. This would be a tremendous feature for anyone with kids!

This feature is on TVs such as Samsung and LG - they refer to it as hotel mode.

Interesting that some manufacturers refer to it as Hotel Mode - I was just about to add that this is not only good for kids,..I need it for guests of my Airbnb short term rental. I have two TCL Roku TVs in my listings. The other day I heard loud Loud LOUD music while living on the floor below my airbnb guests. They checked out, and i Turned on the TV, they were watching music videos at volume 76. That's excessive for the size of the room, where volume 24 is loud.

I figured this out: https://www.reddit.com/r/googlehome/comments/11adcu7/figure_out_how_to_set_max_volume_limit_on_googl...

My post is about a Google Home Mini, but i did the exact same thing with my Roku TV and a separate virtual switch.