Suggest a Feature

Share your requests for new features, channels, etc. with the Roku team! Search keywords and add a kudo to an existing topic to show your support, or create a new topic if your suggestion isn't listed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Musketere
Level 7

Login For Live365 VIP Please

Hi, I just got my SoundBridge Radio. So far I'm pretty happy with it.

I would love to be able to use my VIP membership for Live365 with it though. I expect this could be via a login credentials section in the web interface OR maybe even just somewhere to specify it in our radioroku.com members page?

Is this an upcoming feature? Can it be?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
8 Replies
dupondt
Level 7

Re: Login For Live365 VIP Please

Hi Musketere,

to listen to Live365 stations on your Soundbridge you have to choose to play them with an "external" player (f. e. Winamp) in your account configuration. You then will get a (rather long) stream URL containing some sort of login data when you click on a station's play button in Live365. You can see this URL in your player software. Just copy and paste it to one of the Soundbrige's presets using the web interface to be able to play the station.

You should check with Live365 before as it is possible that this violates their terms of use. Additionally you might want to disable the upload function of your Soundbridge because otherwise the stream URL containing your login data could be uploaded to Radio Roku (for details on this see http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=15241).

Greetings from Germany
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot
0 Kudos
Musketere
Level 7

Thanks for the tip dupondt! I tried this with a couple of stations and the streams seem to work. Hopefully the links are static and does not change.

It would still be good to be able to log in and browse/play Live365 stations from the Roku though. Hopefully this can be added in the future.

Also I have a couple of questions:

1) Can you add to your favourites from the Roku's interface? Like say if you are browsing internet radio using the remote and you select a station to play - can you add this to your favourites?

2) If power supply is lost for a few minutes, then is restored (like for example during a power blackout), do the alarm/clock settings get lost?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
dupondt
Level 7

1) Can you add to your favourites from the Roku's interface? Like say if you are browsing internet radio using the remote and you select a station to play - can you add this to your favourites?

That's simple: After having browsed to a station, instead of pressing "Play" just press "Select", press "Up" to go to "Add to My Favorites" and press "Select/".

2) If power supply is lost for a few minutes, then is restored (like for example during a power blackout), do the alarm/clock settings get lost?

The Soundbridge's clock is receiving the date and time from the configured time server every time it is powered on, so no problems with a power blackout. As I don't have a Soundbridge Radio I don't know if the alarm settings will be lost, but would speculate that they will "survive" a power loss as they should be stored in the non-volatile flash memory.

Greetings from Germany
dupondt
0 Kudos
Musketere
Level 7

"dupondt" wrote:

The Soundbridge's clock is receiving the date and time from the configured time server every time it is powered on, so no problems with a power blackout. As I don't have a Soundbridge Radio I don't know if the alarm settings will be lost, but would speculate that they will "survive" a power loss as they should be stored in the non-volatile flash memory.

Greetings from Germany
dupondt

Thanks again Dupondt. I will test this out myself. Hey, you seem quite active in these forums considering you don't have the Radio yourself Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
dupondt
Level 7

"Musketere" wrote:
considering you don't have the Radio yourself Smiley Wink

Well, I don't have a Soundbridge Radio, but I have internet Radio in my Soundbridge Smiley Wink

Greetings from Germany
dupondt
0 Kudos
Musketere
Level 7

"Musketere" wrote:
I tried this with a couple of stations and the streams seem to work. Hopefully the links are static and does not change.

Unfortunately it seems Live 365 links die after about 24hrs. Even the ordinary free links (where I do not log in to my VIP account).

That's too bad. I hope we can have better support for this sometime in the future.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Level 8

Live365 is a business.

They don't want you to get it for free.
0 Kudos
jpwachs
Level 7

I am listening to Live365 several days now. I do not have VIP, and I do not need to install anything on the PC. It is very straightforward.
When RadioRoku is up again, notice that there are a few stations there from Live365. Like "Celestial Solstice". See which link they used for it, and then you will understand by yourself how to do the trick. If it works for Radio Roku everyday, it should work for any Live365 station, I guess...
0 Kudos