Suggest a Feature

Share your requests for new features, channels, etc. with the Roku team! Search keywords and add a kudo to an existing topic to show your support, or create a new topic if your suggestion isn't listed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Level 8

Internet Radio Feature Requests

If you have a feature request that has to do with internet radio, please post it here. While we are, of course, interested in what our customers want, it does not mean it will happen just because it is requested.
0 Kudos
121 Replies
Bear
Level 7

Re: Internet Radio Feature Requests

I guess this is the right place to ask for aacPlus streaming.

I'd like to be able to get: http://mpr-aac.streamguys.com:80/
-----Bear
0 Kudos
mcfh
Level 7

Support for Real Audio so we can get the BBC
M2000, M1000 & R1000 on iTunes and XP SP2
[url=http://www.tagsoft.co.uk/index.asp?page=Soundbridge.asp&menu=SBMenu.asp:2hqcags1]Integrate your Soundbridge with Windows[/url:2hqcags1]
0 Kudos
kleinerp
Level 7

Can I second the call for Real Audio support. Most of the national radio in the UK uses this format so it is desperately needed to make the Soundbridge a complete product
0 Kudos
temita2
Level 7

Live365 VIP Support

I'd like to see native Live365 VIP support, I think this is something many other have requested.
0 Kudos
Tomas
Level 7

More stream formats

I would like to have support for windows media streams and real audio stream. When (if?) these formats are implemented I would not really need any more functionality, even though all extra features are nice.
0 Kudos
ian
Level 7

It would be really neat if the SB could connect to a central "station server" (maintained at the roku website), and browse through stations by genre, and play them.

Hopefully it could piggyback of the regular musicserver client code, so would be pretty simple to implement, but it would be great to browse through radio stations just like regular music.

Ian
0 Kudos
grommet
Level 7

Stream bit-rate information with the built-in radio player. "Get Info" shows virtually nothing currently.
0 Kudos
dozy
Level 7

RealAudio Please

I read an excellent review with regard to your SoundBridge product in the May 2005 edition of What Hi-Fi. It had all features I was looking for, connects to my Hi-Fi amp or powered speakers, Ethernet connection to my switch/router, Internet Radio without the need to have my PC running, a remote, easy to setup and use, and to top it all compact and stylish design. Smiley Very Happy

Unfortunately when I read what Internet audio streams are support I realised wouldn’t be able to listen to my favourite BBC Radio stations viz Radio 4 , Radio 5 Live and BBC 7. Smiley Sad

Please could you add support for RealAudio.

PS: I think I may have already posted this in the general forum.
0 Kudos
retrospek
Level 7

Please Please Please include Real Audio streaming so that stations like the BBC will work.

Thanks,
Mark
0 Kudos