Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wynford
Channel Surfer

I would like to see a CityTV app

I would like to see a CityTV app for Roku... so I can get rid of this other streaming device... I emailed CityTV almost a year ago and never heard anything back... I no longer have regular TV and stream all my TV now.

5 REPLIES 5
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: I would like to see a CityTV app

Roku is only responsible for the Roku Channel and Media Player. Anything else is up to developers to write an app for the Roku platform.

0 Kudos
wynford
Channel Surfer

No response to email... I thought Roku might have some pull to getting an app.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Roku probably doesn't care all that much. From what I see, it lets you watch a Canadian cable company's video without a cable box? Unless it's something that could attract millions of customers that could PAY Roku through their payment system, they won't try to push for it.

0 Kudos
wynford
Channel Surfer

People wanted and wanted and wanted a CTV app... Roku finally got one.

The more Canadian major networks Roku has... the more sales of the streaming devices Roku may get.

KDM1

CTV & Global already have app on ROKU and you have to sign in with your cable company to be able to watch most of the content there, CityTV could do something like that, it would just make it easier to watch past content from those channels in one place. Rather than having to search through the channels themselves

0 Kudos