Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ron-Wilson

Guest Mode - allow the install of "default" apps and settings.

Allow owners to install default apps pre-installed in guest mode.     We have xfinity cable, which allows free streaming of all their channels through their Roku App.   

Details:   We have an Air B&B beach house we rent weekly/monthly.     I would prefer to not have to leave instructions for them on how to install the xfinity app for each new guest that arrives.  I would like the app to already be installed where they can click on it and get all the channels.

2 REPLIES 2
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Guest Mode - allow the install of "default" apps and settings.

Hi @Ron-Wilson,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Please be advised that, as a guest, you can enjoy the following benefits when using Guest Mode:

1. Watch content on your own accounts. Sign into your favorite apps like Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, ESPN, and Sling TV to watch content on your accounts.
  2. Automatic and manual sign-out for data deletion At 11:00 AM on the date you choose, you will be automatically signed out. All your credentials, viewing history, added apps, and more will be deleted.
  3. Add new apps. Roku has 10,000+ apps to choose from to help you discover something new.
  4. Search content. Find the perfect thing to watch with Roku Search. All search history will be erased when you are signed out.
  5. Change settings. Easily improve accessibility by enabling closed captioning, a text-to-speech screen reader, or a theme pack. All changes will be removed when you sign out.

For more details, you can check out this support article here on how to use Guest Mode on a Roku streaming device.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Mode - allow the install of "default" apps and settings.

I have the exact same issue as @Ron-Wilson 

I would like to use guest mode for our guests but also have Xfinity app installed and logged into so guests can use the cable streaming that I am already paying for in the same house. It is not feasible for me to instruct guests to download the xfinity app/channel and then login using my credentials.

Is there any workaround to this other than not using guest mode all together? This is one of the main reasons I bought Rokus for all my Airbnb TV's. It seems like this would be a common use case for guest mode.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.