Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feature request: Block ads inappropriate for children

Block ads inappropriate for children and I

@customer12345 wrote:

Parental controls do nothing to block ads with sexual or violent content. These ads are being shown during the day, most often for content on the Roku channel. So don't tell me you can't do anything about it. It's your own channel you are advertising. Give parents the ability to block these ads. Comments about this topic have been in the forums for at least two years. Your software team could add this feature in about a day. Get it done.

My son's elementary school uses Roku TVs for their lobby and I walked in to find an ad for the movie "Showgirls" as the first thing someone would see as you walk in. Roku could very easily have a "Block mature ads on the Home Screen" option under the Settings.

SCGranny
Channel Surfer

That is just unacceptable.  Roku needs to make sure the main screen is rated G.  Adult oriented themes should be available only behind a password portal.  Just because someone decided to hyper-sexualize the entire month of June does not mean we all want to participate or have our kids indoctrinated.  

Agree. Roku does this deliberately. Money over morality. Thinking about canceling as my daughter is old enough that I need to filter her input for her long term well-being.

hillmim7

I don't try and force my beliefs on others. My Bible says homosexuality is wrong, Christianity is 2000 yes old and is my right to believe in. The media pushes adultery, fornication and homosexuality, look how sad and miserable the world is. How would you like me to force you to watch clean family friendly shows. Instead you try to pervert the minds of children, they don't need to see serial content, let them be children.

SCGranny
Channel Surfer

Yes, we used to have something called standards. The leftists have done a great job of eliminating them and calling anyone who disagrees a homophobe. And the more society decays, the more they double down and shove even more filth in our faces.

Jeremyhilton
Binge Watcher

I'm planning to email my AG here in Tennessee, Roku doesn't seem to care whatsoever if kids see sexually inappropriate or violent images but perhaps a state AG investigation will make a bigger impact. 

Wow, yes I even emailed Roku a complaint about this as well. Very inappropriate.

Jeremyhilton
Binge Watcher

Right, I just don't understand why they don't incorporate a true parental filter, that would solve any of these issues. Also I did successfully file with my AG here in Tennessee and am still waiting on Rokus response. 

Meha01

I'm currently peeved at the Popular Free Movies category under the search function on the main screen - the first FIVE suggested movies are HIGHLY inappropriate! Orgies, Girl/Girl, 30 Girls 30 Days, Killer Rack, etc etc... These aren't recently searched (or watched!) and my young girls see this mess when using the search function and its all very uncomfortable! Totally unacceptable! There's no way to remove this category either, I've tried!

Roku NEEDS to get their act together and have the option to make their product WAY MORE sensitive to the younger audiences out there. This family isn't interested in smut and should be able to opt out!