Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milkyla42

Feature/feedback: inconvenient remote control

Roku remote controller is physically so inconvenient to me. Buttons that I need- back, volume, power are kinda unreachable. Of course most convinient part is used by present app buttons..

I decided to try Roku and seems like it's be a deal breaker to me to drop it

Is it just me? People ok with this remote??

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Feature/feedback: inconvenient remote control

I'm OK, but I am able bodied. Would be good for Roku and Oneforall to joint venture produce a bigger buttoned model with volume and mute on both sides or on top

Unless you have streaming stick then have a look at more expensive models of oneforall (7935 is their smallest, bigger ones have full number keypad) as these will work with Roku.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
Eirualmac
Reel Rookie

Totally agree! This remote is awful! Left or right handed, I’m constantly hitting “mute” whenever I pick the remote up! Side location is not ideal!  Maybe it’s the size of my hands, but I’ve never had to use 2 hands to operate a remote control!

kenwah52

ROKU doesn't off much in being able to communicate with them

Can the folks at ROKU please redesign the remote?  The volume and mute buttons drive me nuts.  Just passing the remote to my wife usually entails hitting the mute button or often times the options button.

I know there are worse things in the world but please.  At least consider a new design.

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Workaround.

Cut a small piece of thin board or rigid plastic a bit bigger than the remote. Round off the corners.

Then use plastic covered garden/florist wire to wire the remote to the board, through holes either side of remote and top/bottom (drill holes in board just close to edge of remote in places so the wires don't interfere with the buttons.

Cover the back with duck tape, trapping the wires.

Remote will be bigger and easier to handle, less easy to lose.

You will need to unwire to replace batteries (or buy voice remote pro which is rechargeable, USB socket on end at bottom.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos