Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvitzthum

Feature Request: Whole Home Audio with Roku Wireless Speakers

I have a Roku Roku Streambar Pro and 4 Roku TV Wireless Speakers (no subwoofer). I love the speaker quality and want to use them for whole home audio rather than the intended surround sound. I already confirmed that all speakers are connected (within 30ft range) of the streambar. The speakers are spread out in different rooms in my house (1 speaker per room). This setup works great using music mode and I get great sound throughout my house, easily controlled through Roku Bluetooth or Spotify app

My problem: I cannot switch audio playback to the streambar pro when I want to actually watch TV. Audio continues to come out of the "front speakers" which are in different rooms. The only solution is to disconnect the "front speakers".

My request: with 4 speakers connected, allow user to switch audio playback between the wireless speakers and streambar. This already works when only using 2 speakers, since switching surround sound off effectively does the same thing.

Obviously this is not the intended use of the wireless speakers, but it adds value by allowing the wireless speakers to be used independently for music over the whole home. This is highly convenient given the ease of streaming music over Roku. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Adieadie

Re: Feature Request: Whole Home Audio with Roku Wireless Speakers

I second this request. This will make it more comparable to a Sonos system.  it should be easier to switch from whole house to just say your living room when you're watching a movie. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Feature Request: Whole Home Audio with Roku Wireless Speakers

Hi @cvitzthum,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, and we greatly value it. Upon reading your comment, this is actually a great idea, and we'll make sure to pass along this information with the team so it can be reviewed for consideration. Also, we agree that this feature request adds value to the product and improves the streaming experience.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and for choosing Roku. Your satisfaction is valuable to us.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.