Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
commando_j
Channel Surfer

Feature Request: Warning before exiting paused playback

Can you add the option to show a warning before the user loses the paused live recording? For example, if I try to change the channel, go to home menu, or turn off the Roku TV, don't perform the action right away. Warn the user that doing so will cause them to lose the paused content. "Warning, performing this action will will remove the paused recording. Do you want to continue? Yes,  No".

So many times I forget it's not live and I change the channel and lose the recording. Just tonight I had the Masked Singer paused, and after 30 minutes my son mistakenly pressed the power button instead of the Play button! And just like that, the recording was gone. A warning would have been very appreciated. 

I know many DVR's I've used do this. 

And for users who don't want this, it can be an option to enable or disable in the system menu. I would set it as enabled by default though.

Thanks

0 Kudos