Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ang0909
Reel Rookie

Feature Request: Parental Controls

ROKU, PLEASE IMPROVE/SET UP EXTENSIVE PARENTAL CONTROLS OR I’M SWITCHING TO A PLATFORM THAT HAS THEM ALREADY!!!! I’ll GIVE U A COUPLE MONTHS! People, we need to ban together & bring up this need of ours or Roku will do nothing about it!! Please speak up: post a concern or need of yours regarding parental controls too, or nothing will change!!! There’s power in numbers(& only in #s).

12 REPLIES 12
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Parental Controls

People have been screaming for this for years, so don't bother waiting a few more months.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ang0909
Reel Rookie

I wish every person that wanted it, would voice their opinion. So many don’t.

hackztor
Roku Guru

Just switch platforms now (threats of switching will not work and you can come back in future if it is ever implemented). Roku will not have this if ever or not for a long time. Roku is very slow at features that people want. Amazon fire are pretty good for that feature.

Ang0909
Reel Rookie

Dammit, that’s what I was gonna get too! I gotta say, I researched quite a bit...but parental controls were something I totally forgot to question. And of course, at this point in our digital world...it’s not common practice yet! Ughhh, every system in the US is systemically flawed/broken.
0 Kudos
Jill1231

Thanks for the suggestion of an Amazon Fire. It's ridiculous how little control there is with a Roku. I turned off a Channel on YouTube on our computer but even though the account is linked to our Roku, the channel can still be viewed via Roku. So it's actually overriding some channels parental controls.

0 Kudos

We didn't think about checking for parental controls... We were disappointed with the lack of it on our new tv and are tempted to sell it and never buy another roku device again. But Roku should be putting protecting our youth from the garbage that they are too young to be viewing as a priority until they do they don't deserve our hardworking money because nothing is more important than our children.

Roger1818
Binge Watcher

Instead of asking Roku for it, complain to the various platforms that give Roku a positive review.  If they were to highlight it as a major, show stopping issue and suggest that one of their competitors would be a better option for families, Roku might listen.

JustAnotherDave
Channel Surfer

Re: Feature Request: Parental Controls

There are several other similar requests, so there are several other people who feel the same way.  One of the requests with the most "kudos" is Feature-request-parental-control-for-home-screen-access I'd recommend people adding Kudos to that post (as well as this one).  A single issue with lots of votes carries a lot more weight than several issues with a few votes each.

Scootermom

Re: Feature Request: Parental Controls

Fyi: The link to provide a Kudos doesn't work. 

Also, where do I access any parental controls currently available? There's supposed to be an option to require a pin before any shows above a certain rating can be viewed. Where do I find that option? 

0 Kudos