Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allspark
Channel Surfer

Feature Request: New Voice Command Suggestion

Since there is no Roku Mute Button on the remote, how about a New "Mute" Voice Command to Mute the TV?  
For annoying commercials or Netflix nonstop video it would be helpful instead of reaching out for the original TV remote.
In the future remotes, please add a mute button between vol up and vol down.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AndyCalling
Roku Guru

Re: New Voice Command Suggestion

But you have pause, right? I mean, that's just posh mute really. Stops the sound and you don't miss anything. You can pause the ads I would think? Maybe not. Poor choice from Roku to even allow pause blocking in the API if you can't. I must test this sometime.

Oh yea, Netflix. Well, better to complain at them direct. Work-arounds from Roku will just encourage Netflix to do worse.
0 Kudos
allspark
Channel Surfer

Yea, as a cord-cutter I use YoutubeTV and some of the recorded shows prevent you from fast forwarding through the commercials. Vol up and vol down is so boring.
So back to the old remote for the mute button... This may be intentional by Roku(no offense, I have 5 Rokus) because the commercial advertisement industry may have leaned on them. Still, a voice command would be helpful in the mean time, or a button added to the mobile roku app.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Roku Guru

I don't understand the OP's request..

Roku TV's have a mute button on the remote..

If you have a Roku box or stick plugged into a different tv, why not just mute your TV using the TV remote?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
allspark
Channel Surfer

Good point. This is regarding the Roku Stick+, not the Roku TV. 
With the new Roku stick it is very convenient to turn a TV on and off and control the volume, but it now needs a mute button IMHO.
0 Kudos