Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StoryHack
Channel Surfer

Re: Add channel to Guest Mode

dmaister, Guest mode works exactly the same on Roku TVs as it does on the plug-in Rokus.

Source: I've used a bunch of both the TVs and various others.

nrbonner
Reel Rookie

This would be ideal. We just got a rental property and I just want guests to turn on the Roku and have live TV available without having to login or configure anything. 

ideally I would like a Guest Mode option whereby I can set a default app such as Spectrum TV that would automatically launch whenever a guest turned on the Roku. That’s how a cable box works today and many guests expect that feature. 

nrbonner
Reel Rookie

Absolutely agree with the request to add an Option to each app to preserve the account credentials without having to add it for each guest. 

Also would love to tag one app (Spectrum TV) that would auto start when the Roku is powered on. 

dbGuru

Re: Feature Request: Configure Default Channel Selection for Guest Mode

People responding to your question seem to think it's about spectrum TV. It's not.

I want to add YouTube as a permanent selection in guest mode, because after December 9th 2021 users will not be able to add it themselves.

So, Roku, how do I make YouTube a permanent selection in guest mode?

Toku
Reel Rookie

It's really not about spectrum, I should be able to add whatever I want as a defualt guest channel such as Tubi which is completely free. My guess is that Roku is not willing to because they are not being paid by the service to be on the default list. I don't suspect there to be a technical issue but rather a business decision issue. Unfortunately, the loser are those like us that have ok invested in multiple Roku devices around the house. If the business decision cannot be solved, the only solution is either Roku thinks of it's customer first or lose customers when another option is available. Potentially, there is an balance in allowing 2 to 3 apps max to be on the default custom list or subsidize this issue with a one time payment to add customer lists. 

Wowed777

Exact same issue with my rental property.  I have to provide detail instructions on how to add spectrum.  Works great when they add it, but every guest has to add it on each TV.  I hope they change this so can have spectrum on the Home Screen for every guest without them having guest add the app.  Keeping an eye for this one.

sirpinky
Channel Surfer

It’s ridiculous. It doesn’t even include YouTube by default. 
And not even the Roku media player app! So if I put a usb with movies in, I have to ask each guest to install the app manually. 

all we need it to be able to choose the default apps we would like to have pre installed for guest mode. Seems very simple and reasonable. 

Mochipark
Reel Rookie

I get the sense Roku is attempting to further monetize preferred apps on the home page, but no one is biting or they just want to centralize users in the Roku walled garden. Regardless, the community loses out on a basic feature we should’ve had years ago. Sigh.

0 Kudos
JackVette
Binge Watcher

I am so disappointed about this.

I have a beach house I rent out.    I previously had three Roku TV's and liked having guest mode.

I am getting rid of all my cable boxes and use the Spectrum app instead.  I was going to add Roku to the remaining TV's.  I just found out the spectrum app is not loaded by default!!!

How will the guests know to find and download the Roku app.  Every guest will need to do this every week.

This makes using guest mode problematic.  Because I can't load Spectrum automatically into guest mode, do I just never enable guest mode?

this defeats the purpose.

Why is it so difficult to handle what seems like a reasonable and simple request.  

Let me decide which apps are pre-loaded into guest mode.

spittlbm
Reel Rookie

Same challenge.  We have a beach house and the Spectrum app is our default TV.  We've disabled guest mode and just rely on folks to log out themselves.  As a guest, I wouldn't like this, but there's no simple workaround within Roku.