Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Overcomplicated
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: Allow users to Self-select Antenna TV Favorites on Roku TV

I suggest for everyone on this forum as pissed off as I am, consider contacting the television manufacturer and voice your displeasure.  I would think that maybe then the "fine staff" at Roku my get off their butts and fix this mess.  How absolutely pathetic...

User32768
Streaming Star

I doubt it will get fixed. The company doesn't make any extra money when people are watching OTA/cable television channels, and the people running corporations are pretty greedy, after all. Maybe someone at Roku will get the bright idea to come up with a "new DELUXE" tuner application that costs a dollar per year to use, and that upgrades Roku TV to 1995-era user-programmable channel favorite functionality?

Gmarie0524a
Channel Surfer

we all agree favorite channels select feature doesn't work.  i don't know why we bother to comment anymore.  ROKU DOESN'T ANSWER OR CARE.  i think i fixed it then a couple are missing, go through the process again.....same result.  last time it said i haven't saved any fav channels.  no point in calling them.  i can't understand their "english".  it's like FB...don't like your post, deleted.  same with our liked channels.

Bent256

This would be very useful!

j__d__b

Roku's implementation of "favorites" is worse than useless. First, a selection of channels is randomly chosen by Roku. Channels such as PBS that I watch daily are never added, while channels that I never watch, such as the "LAFF" channel, are never removed. Finally when I go into settings and hide the "favorites" that I have never watched, Roku simply reduces the number of favorites channels!

With favorites enabled, my channel lineup is randomly sorted into two non-sequential groups without any relation to what I actually watch. I finally had to disable the feature and hide the 20+ channels that have no signal or are unwatchable.

This feature is absolutely embarrassing. How can Roku not be ashamed for shipping a feature like this?

blairsair1234
Reel Rookie

i just fACTORY re-set all to get channels in one spot , and stopped any extras , no smart tv experience no enhance tv viewing, IT WORKED FOR NOW , GOOD LUCK ALL 

0 Kudos
blairsair1234
Reel Rookie

SMALL problem , but like my channel line up in one spot so i don't miss a good show we could have seen &  don't have to scroll channel & favorites to find it. i re-set & dumbed up my TCL tv , working so far.. 

Mrrjw

I cannot believe one has to come here to request a feature they used to have and everyone in the entire world would agree is better than the “upgrade”. Seriously. Let us add favorites to the live tv channels. Funny thing is. This was requested over a year ago and still no change. So this is probably a BIG waste of time. This is why apple blows all others out the water. I’d like to know the genius who came up with the idea to change this. And the other geniuses that agreed to make this change. There is not one person who uses line tv that would be happy about this. 

sammysoso

This is a much needed change. The algorithm (or whatever) Roku uses for this "feature" does not do a good enough job. I have several channels that are supposedly favorites, but I have never watched.

There should always be an option for manual control.

ap4411

I have the same feature request. Let users decide what TV channels need to be designated as Favorites. Make the current algorithm-driven approach optional, or at least, let users manually add channels to the algorithm-generated favorites list.

Roku Product Management/Engineering - are you listening to the many requests on the Roku Community for this? In my opinion, the current implementation is a bug, not a feature!