Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akakar4858
Streaming Star

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume Roku Surround Sound TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart S

Jump to solution

Finally the update is here and yes it definitely does change everything! You can now adjust the rear wireless speakers from low-normal-louder-loudest. Thank you Roku finally!

brucem142
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume Roku Surround Sound TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart S

Jump to solution

I also received the latest update to adjust the volume on the rear speakers. I am not sure how to do it. Are there separate controls to do this?

0 Kudos
spanglg

Jump to solution

How do you adjust the volume?  

0 Kudos
akakar4858
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

spanglg, did you update your Roku soundbar to the latest software of Roku 9.4? If so, then when you're in a program watching something press the * asterisks button on your Roku remote and then scroll down to "Sound Settings" and to adjust the rear speakers scroll down to Surround Level.  

0 Kudos
dobodob
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How do you adjust rear speakers when watching on a different HDMI input on a non-RokuTV?

I'm watching TiVo OTA on Samsung HDMI1 and Smart Soundbar (with Rear Roku Speakers) is on HDMI3(Arc). The sound works everywhere but the rears are way to loud because I was listening to music earlier. Can I adjust the rears while watching TiVo or do I have to flip over to Roku, adjust the sound, then flip back to TiVo? 

0 Kudos
dobodob
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

* Option * button while streaming, Sound Settings.

0 Kudos
Christiaan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The sub par fix released recently only gives you three lack luster settings to control WiFi speaker volume. A far cry from actual volume control and let’s face it -since the surround sound track differs vastly in the volume and quality based on content  this fix is not only disappointing:  it’s a band aid on a bullet hole. Roku commit to stand behind your products or give up the fight. I now have $100’s of dollars of sound equipment from Roku but nothing works quite right or as advertised. Time to invest on a better system from a brand that cares about and listens to customer feedback. 

Fam34
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the Roku sound bar and rear speakers with version 9.4.0 and don’t have the option to adjust the rear speakers under sound settings still. Are there any known issues?

0 Kudos
akakar4858
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Fam34, so when you are watching a program and you click the asterisks button on your Roku remote and go to sound settings if you scroll down you are not seeing an option that says "Surround Volume"? Also do you not have the subwoofer? I could see Roku pulling some nonsense like that where this only works with all three (3) items I've associated with this post (Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Wireless Subwoofer and Roku TV Wireless Speakers). This doesn't make any sense to me however that you would need the subwoofer as well because that has nothing to do with surround, that all comes from the two (2) rear speakers. Also try restarting your roku devices and try again. 

0 Kudos
alexsoko
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't have the subwoofer and it works fine for me, FYI. Just press the asterisk while actually in a channel and watching something then go down to surround volume.

0 Kudos