Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McSorley
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume of TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart Soundbar for Surro

Jump to solution

WILL THERE BE A UPDATE AND WHEN/,??? too quiet to create any kind of surround experience. I have to stand very close to them to even know that they are working! So yes, I very much want this feature- otherwise adding the surround speakers will have proven to have been a waste of my money. Should have stayed with wireless speakers ONLY and not added the surround sound. Little did I know.,

McSorley
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume of TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart Soundbar for Surro

Jump to solution

This exactly my experience less the sub.   Debating on sending soundbar back highOPES  that ROKU CAN FIX WITH A UPDATE FIX.

Ed1506
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

More a question of will Roku, not can Roku.  Given that crickets are all we’re hearing from Roku I would be inclined to return the surrounds if that were an option

mcgooze
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Has anyone else noticed? It appears that with software version 9.30 / Build 4134 of the Soundbar, the volume of the surround speakers has been significantly increased!  Wow. For the 1st time since I've had the Roku Surround setup, I'm actually enjoying a surround experience! Still no user control that I can find (yeah, I'd still like to tweak it a bit), but the improvement is enormous. It's gone from non-existent to "Hello, here I am!". Good first step, Roku!

McSorley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Will agree BUT we still need a true 5.1 with independent speaker control ie: left, right, front, to back. Thanks ROKU so far so good

al_schuey
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume Roku Surround Sound TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart S

Jump to solution

Totally agree. I can't hear the rear speakers unless they are within 12 inches of my skull. The soundbar entirely drowns them out. Did they not test this system before releasing it? If there is not going to be some sort of fix in a software update very soon, I am going to need to return the wireless speakers. Very disappointing and honestly kind of embarrassing when I hooked them up and tested with my fiance in the room. Might just sell the whole system and start over with this Sonos I hear so much about.

mcgooze
Streaming Star

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume Roku Surround Sound TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart S

Jump to solution

@al_schuey wrote:

...I can't hear the rear speakers unless they are within 12 inches of my skull. The soundbar entirely drowns them out. Did they not test this system before releasing it? ...

Have you checked to make sure you're running the latest version? (Check System update, look for version 9.30 / Build 4134. HUGE improvement. Still no independent control, but you will hear them at least.

0 Kudos
al_schuey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ya I actually saw your comment about that last night and checked. I was indeed already running 9.3. I get the feeling I am doing something wrong because they are so dang quiet.. cant possibly how they designed it to sound. Thanks for the reply though! 

Aztecsol

Jump to solution

I was so impressed by the sound of my new Roku soundbar, that I went ahead and purchased the rear speakers a few days later.  To my surprise, there were no individual volume controls for any speakers, let alone front vs rear.  I'm truly shocked at this as no single home will have the same physical setup or layout and any proper surround system needs to be tweaked for its surroundings.  This is a huge "miss" on an otherwise great system.  If this is not something that will be fixed or updated soon I find myself wanting to return this and look for another solution.  After spending $400 for surround sound you would think that you could control volume levels at least front and rear.  Point being unlike everyone else in this thread, my rear speakers are too LOUD and I've moved them away as far as I could, they drown out normal dialogue of the movie and I've tried adjusting all 'TWO' audio controls  Please fix this issue for all if your frustrated customers.

McSorley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That is interesting are you able to lay out your system and what you did with your settings to get them to be loud?

Jim McSorley