Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akakar4858
Streaming Star

Feature Request: Adjust volume Roku Surround Sound TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart Sound

Jump to solution

Greetings Roku Team, 

I'd like to request an update or addition to the recently added Roku Smart Soundbar update where you can now pair the TV Wireless Speakers to mimic surround sound. Could you please implement an update where we can adjust the volume of the rear speakers (TV Wireless Speakers) for a louder/quieter surround experience. Currently the TV Wireless Speakers are often too soft to be heard when using them for Surround purposes. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
akakar4858
Streaming Star

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume Roku Surround Sound TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart S

Jump to solution

Finally the update is here and yes it definitely does change everything! You can now adjust the rear wireless speakers from low-normal-louder-loudest. Thank you Roku finally!

View solution in original post

68 REPLIES 68
mcgooze
Streaming Star

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume of TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart Soundbar for Surro

Jump to solution

@akakar4858 wrote:

Greetings Roku Team, 

Currently the TV Wireless Speakers are often too soft to be heard when using them for Surround purposes. 

I would go as far as to say that the wireless speakers (in a surround setup) are always too quiet to create any kind of surround experience. I have to stand very close to them to even know that they are working! So yes, I very much want this feature- otherwise adding the surround speakers will have proven to have been a waste of money.

Turning180

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume of TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart Soundbar for Surro

Jump to solution

Agreed! I bought the Roku TV Wireless Speakers because I already have the Roku Soundbar and Subwoofer and I wanted the wireless speakers for a surround sound experience as promised and the results have been extremely disappointing. If I would have known they were going to be so quiet I would not have gotten them. I have the speakers directly behind my bed (1 foot from my ear) I don't even notice them except for very rare instances. I previously had a cheap Logitech surround sound setup and they were a a lot better. Hopefully an update will make them adjustable because right now they are pretty much useless in surround sound mode.

AnkMe
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Agree a 100% I have wireless speakers and I added the sub and bar. My wireless speakers that I was very happy with were completely wasted in surround setup. 2.1 setup with just the wireless speakers and sub sounds much better than the full surround after adding the bar as well. I returned the bar and I won’t buy it until I hear great reviews from other users here. 

akakar4858
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Greetings Roku Team, 

Any update on this issue? If there could just be someway to adjust the volume of the TV wireless speakers while paired with the Soundbar for Surround sound that would be great. Many are experiencing the same issue of the surround volume being too low. 

mcgooze
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Other than what I'd previously posted, I've heard nothing from tech support lately. Without wanting to sound snarky or snotty, I seriously have to wonder if, during product development, anyone there actually setup the soundbar, subwoofer and wireless speakers and thought, "yup, this is a good balance between the speakers". For goodness sake, the needed fix isn't a minor subjective tweak, it's a fix needed of something that I think completely fails to accomplish their claim of surround sound.

akakar4858
Streaming Star

Jump to solution
tfenne

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume Roku Surround Sound TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart S

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue.  Just bought and setup the TV speakers as rear channels with the Soundbar and Sub, and am extremely disappointed.  I can barely hear them at all when playing something with a 5.1 soundtrack.  Standing with my ear 6 inches from the speaker and 15-20ft from the soundbar, the sound from the soundbar is still far louder than the sound from the TV speaker.  Without an option to boost the sound from the rear speakers relative to the front channels they are practically inaudible.

Went with Roku for my basement setup since it was half the price of the Sonos setup I have elsewhere in the house.  Sound quality from the soundbar and sub is great, but I'm with near-silent rears I'm getting about half the sound 😞  I hope this can be fixed soon.

Ed1506
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Agreed, second.  My wireless surround speakers are essentially behind the couch, and I need more volume for them to be noticeable as anything more than a money pit

Wheat1979

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue rear speaker sound is not loud enough and no way to control