Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RGustafson85
Reel Rookie

Re: Please add Discovery Plus

It's amazing how all of you just want to throw your money at Discovery! Of ALL THE NEW STREAMING SERVICES your precious Discovery, Inc. Is THE ONLY ONE THAT WANTS TO take (free) programs from their other channels & put them on Discovery Plus in order to be paid for them.

NOT ONE OTHER STREAMING SERVICE HAS taken shows that were previously on other free channels & has put them on their "pay" service exclusively! CBS all-Access.. Nope, Peacock.. Nope, Disney Plus ... Nope, HBO Max.. Nope.... YES THEY HAVE TAKEN PROGRAMS & HAVE PUT THEM ON THEIR PLATFORM BUT they ALSO REMAIN ON THEIR FREE CHANNEL.  FOR YOU HGTV FANS.. If you liked the two twin brothers & their show “Forever Home” well starting tomorrow it is no longer on HGTV because it's now exclusively on Disney Plus & you'll have to pay to watch.. For you TLC fans & your 90-Day fiancé series.. Buh-Bye TCL & welcome to Discovery Plus.  How about ID & Paula Zahn.. Bye Bye now... Is $4.99 a lot of money, no not so much but it's all relative.

I believe it's a matter of principal. If their business model is built on greed Then 6who knows what they'll do next & YOU CAN BET WHATEVER IT IS IT WON'T HAVE YOUR (THE CUSTOMER) BEST INTEREST AT HEART!!! 

"Keep em phree"
0 Kudos
Kodapaw

Re: Channel Request: Please add Discovery Plus

Please add Discovery Plus with an app on Roku if at all possible I would appreciate it and I look forward to your feedback Pam White

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

@Kodapaw wrote:

Please add Discovery Plus with an app on Roku if at all possible I would appreciate it and I look forward to your feedback Pam White

Looks like it will be available tomorrow on Roku:

https://thestreamable.com/news/discovery-plus-will-be-supported-on-amazon-fire-tv-roku-apple-tv-andr...

me4
Streaming Star

Hey, thanks, Kodapaw.  I was checking Cord Cutter News, which seems to suck lately, especially since they removed the comments section.  Never heard of The Streamable, but it will now be my new go to site.

0 Kudos
BrendaSue1
Reel Rookie

Thanks C_I for the link advising Discovery A+ will be on the Roku devices!! And thanks for Roku and Discovery + for coming to an agreement!! 👍🏻

girly_girl

So what!?!? @RenB  it's irrelevant what you are providing concerning the app being added by whichever streaming channel in question: DISCOVERY+  because once the agreement is reached. The app will be made available, Period.

#DiscoveryPlus

#Roku

0 Kudos
DH2332

If agreement is made with Amazon firestick and not Roku I will have no other choice than to discontinue my Roku use(6+ years) and start using Amazon. 

DH2332

If they don't I will switch to Amazon

Tami4evr
Binge Watcher

Yes! Please add the app on my TCL ROKU tv. I watch Discovery more than any other channel. I’m with you @kazukia !!

0 Kudos
BevRec
Reel Rookie

This is TOTALLY RIDICULOUS. I will just boycott discovery plus. Hopefully there will be more people like me who will refuse to sit in a nest and be fed worms! #discoveryplus

0 Kudos