Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adwissler
Streaming Star

Channel Request: Add Twitch

Jump to solution
To Whom It May Concern: I recently learned that you extended your agreement with Amazon to offer Prime Video and IMDb TV. I was wondering if this includes Twitch as well. If it doesn't, I was wondering if you could please add Twitch. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Tags (2)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel Request: Add Twitch

Jump to solution

@adwissler-  There isn't a Roku channel app for Twitch that I can find.

It's not readily apparent to most that each channel provider creates and maintains the specific version of their app that runs on the Roku system.   The only channels that Roku maintains are their own The Roku Channel, the Roku Media Player, and several Roku information channels. For everything ekse, Roku just supplies the platfrom on which the channel apps run.

So, contact Twitch and let them know you want them to create a Roku-compatible version of their app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
adwissler
Streaming Star

Jump to solution
To Whom It May Concern: Thank you very much. Your information is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yes please add Twitch!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@adwissler-  There isn't a Roku channel app for Twitch that I can find.

It's not readily apparent to most that each channel provider creates and maintains the specific version of their app that runs on the Roku system.   The only channels that Roku maintains are their own The Roku Channel, the Roku Media Player, and several Roku information channels. For everything ekse, Roku just supplies the platfrom on which the channel apps run.

So, contact Twitch and let them know you want them to create a Roku-compatible version of their app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
adwissler
Streaming Star

Jump to solution
To Whom It May Concern: Thank you very much. Your information is greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yes please add Twitch!

0 Kudos